Company/Shop: Escape Bicycle tours and Rentals
Position: Bicycle fleet mechanic/coordinator-- Tours/Rental customer service associate
Job Description: We are currently looking for a bike mechanic /Bicycle Rental and tour Associate to wok with us. As one of our team members, you will perform a variety of tasks, including
- Maintaining and repairing our 75+ rental/tour bike fleet. We do have variety of bikes including hybrid, cruiser, tandem, electric bike, children's bike.
- Welcome guests and provide outstanding hospitable experiences for the guests and walk in customers
- Process bike rentals
- Fit customers to bikes and explain how their bikes work
- Explain rules of the road and safe biking techniques
- Suggest great bike routes and explain our bike routes to customers
- Listen attentively and give personal recommendations
- Coordinate bike tour preparation and administration (Preparing right size bikes, greeting customers, bike fitting, signing waiver documents)
- Accompany tours occasionally and being the support tour guide
- Perform variety of bike repairs/maintenance/tune up regularly
- Provide road side bike repair assistance for tours and rentals when needed
- Perform bike tune ups for the entire fleet before the end of season sales and assist with the sale of bikes
- Answer phone calls and emails
- Operate POS system and collect payment; ensure the smooth operation of customer check-outs at the cash register
- Open and close the shop
- Keep retail space and floor clean and tidy
Requirements and qualifications
- Bike mechanic/repair/maintenance skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and preferably French too
- Friendly, welcoming personality for all types of people
- Excellent people and relationship building skills, team player with a positive attitude
- Planning, organizational and tracking skills and attentive to details
- Resourceful with an ability to multitask, work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment
- Previous sales/customer services experience and commitment to providing exceptional and high quality service
- Availability to work a variety of shifts: (Weekends, Holidays, Days).
- Ability to stand for extended periods and to lift bicycles.
About Escape Bicycle Tours and Rentals
Escape Bicycle Tours and Rentals is an award-winning company that offers guided sightseeing bicycle tours and bicycle rentals to tourists, visitors and locals. Our tours are relaxed and leisurely and loaded with fun and interesting information about Ottawa and Canada. We are # 1 tour in Ottawa recommended by visitors on TripAdvisor because we provide excellent service, care and products to our valued guests.
Why work at Escape Bicycle Tours? We are a small company and love what we do. We’re passionate about providing exceptional service and getting people super excited to ride bikes around Ottawa-Gatineau. We work hard and have fun while doing it. We are open to ideas, suggestions and trying new things. There are lots of opportunities for learning and growth with us. Ideally we are looking for a candidate who would stay with us as we grow.
Job Type: Contract
Start time: April 25th until end of September
Salary: $14.00 /hour with possibility of increase upon performance
Contact Name: maria rasouli
Contact Email Address: email@example.com
Phone Number: (613) 608-7407
Submit Résumé By: 3/29/2019